Welcome to Milnerton Pre-Primary School
Milnerton Pre-Primary School was established in 1950 and operated from a room in the Jansen Town Hall. In 1963 Caltex Refinery donated the pre-fab building which housed the site-office during building operations to the Municipality for use as a Nursery School. A local Nursery School Association was started and a play school began. The pre-fab building needed to be replaced and the Milnerton Town council was approached. The Council gave the land for a nominal rental and granted a loan for the building to be built. In 1973, Mrs. A Marais, the mayoress of Milnerton at the time, did the honours of officially opening the building. The building had three classrooms and a storeroom at the time.
The second phase of building was done in 1986 where two additional classrooms were added. Milnerton Pre-Primary School for children aged 3- 6 years of age is registered with the Western Cape Education Department, Department of Social Development and is an independent Early Childhood Development center. The pre-school is an Association not for Gain. Over the years the school has grown substantially with the assistance of community support and is governed by a management committee consisting of the school principal and current parents. Due to the progressive expansion of the school environment, Milnerton Pre-Primary School continues to strive by providing a long standing tradition of excellence in education.